After a couple of months on maternity leave, family budget starts tightening up.
Expenses increase, yet extra funds are hard to find. Time is another big concern, and energy is also difficult to maintain.
So, the question is: how are you going to financially sustain your family during this important period of your life without damaging your health? There are multiple ways in which you can do that, so don’t panic!
Your options may vary depending on your skills, but there’s always an available option at hand. We put up an exhaustive list of jobs you could apply for.
Check out these 8 time-saving ways on how to make money while on maternity leave, and let us know if you have any other ideas worth mentioning!
8 Time-Saving Ways on How to Make Money While on Maternity Leave
1. Craft and Sell
One of the ways in which you could start earning some money is hand-crafting.
- Search for small business ideas with low investment, and choose your best options
- After finding your nice, design a sales plan attentively
- Target your audience, research the market
- Start with low prices until you become well-known
- Attract buyers with the right descriptions
2. Help out Your Neighbors
Ask your neighbors if they need a babysitter, a dog sitter, or anything of that kind.
Taking care of babies before giving birth to your own might be great practice – you’ll know what to expect! Walking dogs or taking care of animals can also be another delightful way to spend your afternoons.
Ask around, and see where it takes you!
Or…. you could blog! Isn’t that exciting?
Blogging is mentally demanding, yet fun, and it doesn’t require any physical effort.
Here are the steps you might want to check out before starting blogging:
- Decide what you want to write about. Ask yourself: what am I the best at? What passions do I have? How can I reach out to my audience and be of great help to the community?
- You’ll need a platform for your blog, so choose it wisely.
- Choose a host and a domain name.
- Start designing your blog!
- Write well, and post only quality content.
- WordPress or Tumblr for choosing your online platform
- Blogger or Exposure for choosing your host and domain
- Essay AussieWritings.com services for content editing
- Grammarly for proofreading and editing.
4. Take Surveys
A popular method to earn money online is taking surveys for different companies. You can try MySurvey, VIP Voice, Swagbucks, CitizenMe, Attapoll, or NewVistaLive.
Or, you can always find more option by simply googling “how to make money by taking online surveys.”
5. Consider a Freelancing Career
Freelancing is exciting, and you can get so much out of it.
You might have to design a portfolio, and send some job applications here and there, but for the most part, clients will reach out to you!
Onthe About Me section, explain what you are good at and interested in, and let your customers know your pay rate. Do not be too shy – if you are skilled enough, ask for a higher pay rate.
You could use your skills in other fields as well.
Tutoring is popular nowadays, so you could try that. Find out what you’re proficient in, choose a proper website, and get started on it. Take a
look at our advertising tips:
- Make flyers that include your information and contact details; hand them out to the people you know.
- Post your services on your chosen platforms, and on Craigslist.
- Design your own e-mail list, ask people to sign up for it, and send them constant offers and discounts.
Ask for a low amount of money on your first teaching lessons. Gradually increase your prices after you increase your customer range.
7. Be a Call Center Representative
If you like helping people and giving them advice, you could apply for a job in the communication field.
One of the easiest ones to get is a call-center agent or representative. Here are some things you should consider beforehand:
- Design your resume. Don’t use a one-size-fits-all format. Different companies require different qualities, so adjust them to each of the company’s needs.
- Go through an online training process if required, don’t be afraid to learn something new.
- Improve your hard skills – computer science knowledge is always a plus.
8. Get Involved in Online Sales
Nowadays, technology is developing at a fast pace.
Therefore, you have thousands of opportunities to work remotely. A smart idea is getting involved in online sales. Research the market, figure out what the popular trends are now, and increase your efficiency.
Some popular suggestions: bow ties, e-cigarettes, or beauty products.
A Final Note
Being on maternity leave does not have to interfere with your job performance. Don’t worry if you don’t find the right job for you at first; keep searching.
You’ll eventually run into the one that fits you the best!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Olivia is a journalist who always tries to see the bright side of things. She likes to inspire people in her writings and to enjoy a mysterious beauty of twilight. Connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.